From: owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org [mailto:owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org] On
Behalf Of ibryskin@movaz.com
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2005 2:32 AM
To: Don Fedyk
Cc: ccamp@ops.ietf.org
Subject: Re: draft-ashwood-ccacmp-gmpls-constraints

Hi,

I believe this is a very useful draft. The described blocking problem (a
limited ability of a node to cross-connect resources on input and output
links wrt a particular LSP) exists not only in the Virtual Node
scenario:
there could be "real" network elements experiencing the problem
(perhaps, because of the hardware limitations). Hence there is a need
for a routing controller to be capable to advertise a map of acceptable
(or
unacceptable) input-output link combinations, and for a path computer to
account for such a constraint (which is not trivial).

I also would suggest the authors to consider the Virtual Link mode, that
is, representing the domain to the outside world as a bunch of PEs
interconnected by abstract (virtual) links. This approach may require
more advertisements compared to the Virtual Node mode; however, it does
relieve external path computers from handling the interface maps, plus
it gives the idea about the cost and attributes of feasible paths across
the domain.

Igor