Commnuication from OIF on VCAT

Hi,

We have received a communication from the OIF on VCAT.
As always you can see a copy at the CCAMP alternative web site: www.olddog.co.uk/ccamp.htm

The text of the communication is supplied below.

Thanks,
Adrian
===
Subject: Liaison from OIF to IETF CCAMP WG on VCAT

Dear Adrian and Deborah,

OIF would like to thank IETF CCAMP WG for its response to our liaison on VCAT/LCAS work. We will continue to review CCAMP's VCAT/LCAS work and how it might be used.

We continue to be interested in scenarios such as creation of VCAT/LCAS groups with preestablished server connections and control of VCAT/LCAS in cases of multiple RSVP sessions with session shuffling, due to the use of multiple domains with differing I-NNI protocols. We are disappointed that this is not currently addressed by IETF CCAMP work and request CCAMP to keep us informed if it decides to investigate these scenarios.

OIF would also like to thank IETF CCAMP for their liaisons on the usage of the RESV during make-before-break and CCAMP's current work on Ethernet. We appreciate CCAMP's quick response regarding the Length computation concern we raised in our previous liaison, and would appreciate future updates on the progress of CCAMP's Ethernet-related control plane work. We look forward to continued cooperation and discussion between our groups.

Best regards,
Lyndon Ong