RE: Re-Updated Draft Liaison to Q6/15

Adrian

You indicate

"There is NO REQUIREMENT in any of this WSON work for
   any measurement of impairments. The only person to say there
   is a requirement is you. Everyone else keeps repeating that there
   is no requirement to measure impairments. The only requirement
   is to distribute information about impairments however it has been
   obtained, and to consider how to use the information during path
   computation"

This statement is incorrect.

The substance of my email indicated that there is an IMPLIED REQUIREMENT
for ROADMs to make some form of measurement and it is not appropriate
for CCAMP to write protocol standards that imply ROADM data plane
related requirements.

Or if this is not the case and it is not necessary for ROADMs to make
any measurements, then can we agree that the  following text is added to
the Introduction and Scope of all relevant GMPLS for WSON with optical
impairments IDs.

" GMPLS for WSON with Optical Impairments only applies to the case where
ROADMs, OXC, or any other optical network nodes do not make any
measurements related to optical link impairments"

Regards

Don