Communication received from OIF

Hi,

I fumbled this incoming communication that arrived at the end of February.

You can find it at and the attachment at http://www.olddog.co.uk/incoming.htm

Adrian

Dear Adrian and Deborah,

We have been working on multi-domain restoration requirements in the Carrier Working Group in OIF.

The attached document includes mutually agreed requirements from multiple carriers. It focuses on restoration across multiple domains, and presents several failure scenarios. It considers intra-domain restoration, inter-domain restoration, and the coordination required across multiple domains for each case. It represents an addendum to the previously sent requirements document (oif.2006.134.02), and it focuses on multi-domain service recovery using E-NNI interfaces.

As we continue work on multi-domain restoration, we would appreciate if CCAMP will take these requirements into consideration in further CCAMP work on GMPLS recovery.

We will be happy to have a dialog with CCAMP, if you have any questions or comments on these requirements.

Thank you.
Sincerely yours,
Lyndon Ong
OIF Technical Committee Chair