From: owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org [mailto:owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org] On Behalf Of Greg Bernstein
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 12:02 PM
To: julien.meuric@orange-ftgroup.com
Cc: ccamp@ops.ietf.org
Subject: Re: Generalizing WSON information...

Hi Julien, interesting point. It did seem like older SDH equipment did
have a "time-slot continuity constraint", but I never directly dealt
with those systems. There was some work a while ago on MS-SPRing (Diego?).
Maybe we need to think up a level, as you said in the usual GMPLS, MPLS
cases full label swapping is a typical capability. Should we be explicit
in the WSON case (maybe with the connectivity matrix) in indicating that
this may or may not be the case? Right now we are being implicit about
this lack of wavelength (label) conversion capability.

The notion of the shared wavelength converter pools and the accompanying
details seem very WSON specific. But the fact that a switch or mux can't
perform label exchange seems a fairly general notion that we could group
with other generalizable information...

Best Regards

Greg

julien.meuric@orange-ftgroup.com wrote:
> Hi Greg.
>
> Just a small comment on Wavelength Converter Pool in section 3.2. In some other GMPLS contexts, this may be modelled as a label swapping capability, which is a common enough to be considered as "Generalizable" (it's even a typical case that becomes an exception due to our label continuity constraint). However, as for several other parameters, I don't think there is an actual need for it (this is already the default); but maybe we could imagine some MS-SPRing operations in SONET/SDH.
>
> Regards,
>
> Julien

Dr Greg Bernstein, Grotto Networking (510) 573-2237

and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee
or agent responsible for delivering this message to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reproduction,
dissemination or distribution of this communication is strictly
please notify us immediately by replying to the message and
deleting it from your computer. Thank you. Tellabs