RE: Some cautionary comments

Title: RE: Some cautionary comments

Fred, Mark,

I do not have any problem with statements of intellectual propery.

What I would like to see is the following:
1. Clear (I mean really clear) statement that states the extend and scope of the intellectual
   property.
2. Clear statement about any patents(patent pending applications) that may be related to it.
3. Clear (I mean very clear)indication on what/how/ and how much is the company going
   to charge (or not) for it.

Basically, in any proposed standard, we should try to use concepts that are public and
free for all. If not then we can choose intelelctual property that can be made easily acceptable.

I can say this based on my 4 years of ITU experience. I know in some cases that we were promissed
easy access (to all) to some patented technologyif if it was part of a recommendation but
the reality was different. (Basically the technology was not licenced to a competitor)

I think and in fact request that this subject be addressed properly right from the start.

abbie