Re: working group last call on ISP draft

> I have issue with the second sentence.  It seems to imply that a message
> recipient can deduce a measure of sender authentication (which clearly
> isn't true absent PGP or S/MIME or other cryptographic protocol).  At the
> end of the day, all XTND XMIT really buys you is some access control to
> the relaying MTA on the POP server host.

Sorry, my cut and paste went awry I guess.  The "second sentence" refers
to the below paragraph.

   XTND XMIT is equivalent to using the SMTP protocol for sending
   email, with the additional validation provided by logging into the
   POP session.  The security of the mechanism used for logging into
   the POP session will affect the reliability of the user name used
   for transmitting the mail.

---
Larry J. Hughes Jr.    larry@nwnet.net     http://www.nwnet.net/~larry/