Current draft: POP3 XTND Extensions

Dear Tony,

thanks for the work that you put into the current draft.
I believe, the time was well spend!

Beside any discussion about its content, I would like make
two remarks and I would like to know the opinion of the
group about it:

1. The current draft is beyond the scope of the charter
   of the GRIP WG.  It wouldn't make any difference to
   the document itself, if it would be submitted as draft
   by Tony Hansen directly, and the same purpose could
   be met thereby.

2. As to avoid any problems with the ISP draft, I would
   suggest, that the wording of problematic paragraphs, where
   we would like to encourage proactive steps to raise the
   security are rephrased to become more independent from
   the actual implementation. While it makes sense maybe
   to discuss one or the other protocol element, we should
   be more concerned the objectives - for what these protocol
   elements are useful and needed ... (if everyone is happy
   with the ISP draft, nothing must be changed, but if there
   is any controverse about technical topics, this is, what
   I would suggest)

So please everybody let us know, what do you think how we
should proceed ... The next IETF is definitely coming and
if we want to make progress, we need to decide that early
on.

	Best regards, Peter

--
Klaus-Peter Kossakowski / Hamburg / kpk@work.de