Re: draft-ietf-grip-user-02.txt just sent to the Internet-Drafts repository

> >     The purpose of this document is to	provide	a checklist for	the gen-
> >eral  Internet	community  to use when discussing security with	Internet
> >Service	Providers (ISPs).  These questions can serve as	a framework  for
> >discussion of security expectations with current and prospective service

I've already told in this list or during a meeting that we should define
what/who _we_ considered to be an ISP. An ISP is a Service Provider as well as
an Access Provider. I do not want any misunderstanding by provider who should
read or take in consideration this document.

I explain my point : we've got here a good document that consumers will read.

If me as a provider only give bandwidth, do not provider Web hosting, I'm an
"access provider", not a "service provider". So, may I conclude that this
document is not suitable for me ? I do not think so and it must be clear in
the document what is an ISP.

This remarks was on the draft-ietf-grip-isp.txt document, but unfortunately
not reintegrated.

Maybe the solution is to add a glossary where we can explain that what we call
an ISP is _also_ an IAP.

Tristan
--
Tristan.Debeaupuis@hsc.fr -=- Herve Schauer Consultants -=- TD1678
Ne courrez jamais apres un autobus ni apres une femme, il en arrive toujours