Re: draft-ietf-grip-isp-expectations-03.txt

On Thu, 01 Jun 2000, Randy Bush quoted a european operator:

>First response is from one person at KPN/Quest. His conclusion is that the
>authors seems to belive that for example Europe is like the US, but with
>"just" different languages in the different states.

That's strange.  I felt that some of the most positive physical WG
discussions we've had on this work occurred outside of the US, in Montreal
(yes, we've been discussing this for a long time), Munich and Oslo.
Throughout the process (with 10 drafts along the way) much constructive
commentary has come from Europeans.  I'm also European, by the way.

>He continues to say that his experience is that many of the things
>listed in the document is not possible to implement in an agreement
>with a customer as it breaks the local legislation, partly because of
>the level of details.

The point regarding local legislation is valid (and I began to address
it in my previous message).  Do people think there needs to be a more
explicit statement regarding jurisdiction and applicability in the
introduction ?

Tom.