iesg comments on draft-ietf-grip-prot-evidence-03.txt

(a) There is a lot about timestamps and clock drift, but nothing
    explicit about timezone information.

    Suggestion: Add a bullet to section 2 which says:

        - Note the difference between the system clock and UTC,
          and for each timestamp privided whether UTC or local time
          is used.

(b) A Jury is not used in all countries in the world. Because of that
    the texts which talk about providing information to Jury members
    (section 2.4) should be changed. I propose one should instead talk
    about presenting the information to a court.

---

I think it would be good to give more high-level intro material. The
document seems to assume the reader knows why one needs to be
collecting evidence, *and* what kind of evidence. However, what one is
looking for assumes something about the nature of the incident.

All that is needed is some sentences or a paragraph that provide
examples of what a "security incident" is and the kinds of incidents
that could set off the need for collecting evidence...

Note: the abstract is really terse.

>       - Reliable:  There must be nothing about how the evidence was
>         collected and subsequently handled which that doubt about its
>         authenticity and veracity.

can't parse

the latter seems to be fixed by s/that/casts/, yes?

---

maybe suggest (not mandate) specific tools for signing/checksumming

---

randy