iesg comments on draft-ietf-grip-prot-evidence-04.txt

comment on the latest

    > draft-ietf-grip-prot-evidence-04.txt, which is in the i-d directory,
    > addresses the iesg comments as appended.
    >
    > this seems to be the one point the authors don't feel it necessary to
    > address.  while they say "not necessary" i wonder if it is really that
    > any such list would be platform-biased and a bit ephemeral.

    They write in the draft:

    > Where feasible you should consider generating checksums and
    > cryptographically signing the collected evidence, as this may make it
    > easier to preserve a strong chain of evidence.  In doing so you must
    > not alter the evidence.

    In section 5 they have examples of tools (e.g. ps and gdb, so they're
    not averse to platform-bias in examples) to accomplish many of their
    recommendations.  Unless the Coroner's Toolkit helps with signing the
    evidence, there is no example given of a summing or signing tool.  The
    only reason I think this is important is because it's a potential
    instance of giving practical advice about security tools...

any chace we could relax here?

randy