Re: [idn] alpha v0.4

	Please remember there are two things we have to define.

	1) What is legal in a international hostname.
	2) What is legal in a international domainname.

	Can this working group please not use the two terms
	interchangably as they are *not* interchangable.

	As for restrictions on punctuation.  In my opinion it
	is quite reasonable to have restictions on punctuation
	for hostnames.  It's also reasonable for registrars to
	use the hostname restrictions when registrations are
	sought for subdomains.  99.9+% of subzones are registered
	for the purpose of having hostnames within them.

	Mark
--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc. / Internet Software Consortium
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews@nominum.com