Re: [idn] Unicode tagging

> Keith Moore wrote:
> > and what you can put in an RFC822 address has nothing to do
> > with this group.
>
> An email address appears within the RDATA for SOA records (with all the data
> to the left of the '@' as the first label).  The IDN solution must be able
> to handle this.

no, IDN must not attempt to change this.  the format of I18N'ed email
addresses is not within scope of this group.  email addresses
must remain as they are until the email folks figure out how to either
change RFC 822 to accept some form of Unicode in message headers
or (more likely) encode I18N'ed addreses as ASCII for transmission
in email messages.  the question of how to encode I18N'ed email addresses
in SOA records must wait until that work has been done.  presumably
if email adopts an ascii encoding for use on the wire then SOA records
(and other records) can use the same encoding as email adopts.

Keith