Re: [idn] Re: back to the future

As I understand from Patrik's example of his middle name, ":" in Swedish is a
character, not a punctation.

For example, we could say we allow ":" only if the rest of the string is not a
number. This is what I mean by having some "consideration" in nameprep.
However, we may be opening a rathole here once we go started on this path. (@,
', & is going to be more tricky...) Aside, if we allow H:son, then there is no
reason to forbid O'Brien.

Of course, this means the application must be able to handle new form of
parsing, understanding I18N domain names. I guess that is what IDNA is for.

-James Seng