Re: [idn] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-idn-lace-00.txt

At 11:17 AM +0900 11/9/00, Yoshiro YONEYA wrote:
>  > Maybe when we start comparing ACEs, we should use different
>prefixes for each.
>
>Would you please explain explicitly who are we?

"We" are everyone in this working group.

>  Some registries
>including JPNIC are starting multilingual domain name testbed.

I hope you are doing so in a more controlled fashion than VeriSign
is. :-) It is good to hear that you are doing some testing; please be
sure that any results you find are reported back to the group.

>strongly recommend all ACEs, including tha same ACE with different
>version, SHOULD have different identifieres.

This can be done, but it should be done carefully so that we don't
re-use a name that is already in use by someone. If the group wants
to have a set of prefixes for different ACEs, such a list could be
prepared.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium