RE: [idn] report of the straw poll

After following all of the discussions since the results were announced I'm
not sure that the same results would be obtained if the question asked in
the straw poll had been phrased slightly differently.  A number of people
have stated that they didn't vote because they didn't care for either of the
two alternatives, so perhaps it would be better to ask a simple yes/no
question if your desire is to measure consensus for the IDNA proposal.  A
question similar to "Do you favor acceptance of the IDNA proposal?" leaves
little room for ambiguity and should allow everyone to vote one way or
another.  If "rough consensus" is defined by some measure of a majority
(simple?, 2.3?), then direction will be clear.  In the absense of rough
consensus it'll be back to discussing alternatives, but at least one
alternative will have been eliminated.

<Scott/>