Re: [idn] UTF-8 / RACE

> On Wed, 30 May 2001, James Seng/Personal wrote:
> > Okay. My mistake. IMHO, this would be the greatest pain of all to go
> > thru...

Actually "all" refers to the list of things Dan listed in his website
which needs to be change to handle Fast-Nameprep-UTF8.

> I belive the hardest problem is upgrading the end users. Please try
and
> keep in mind that whatever the solution, the greatest pain will
probably
> be compatibility issues between the computer and the user.
>
> The sysadmins and support techs will be the ones dealing with these
> compatability issues. Dont make our lives harder.
>
> Please.

Any suggestions or ideas how we can make it easiler? I am curious to
know...

If I am a tech support guy in Europe, and some users calls me up over
the phone asking me how to access his Korean domain names, I probably
freak out anyway. (Yes, it does not matter how slowly he speaks in
korean :-).

-James Seng