[idn] A sysadmins perspective

My biggest concern is supporting IDN.
Writing code, and upgrading servers are one time costs.
Support is unfortunatly reoccuring

I am happy to upgrade production nameservers,
I am wont mind upgrading production webservers,
I am willing to upgrade production mailservers, pop servers and etc.

I want to be able to tell users that they must upgrade to
Windows XP service pack 20 or MacOS X.1.2.3 or whatever
to use IDN or we wont support them.

I dont want to have to spend 4 hours on a support call
trying to explain what ACE means or explaining that
UTF-8 is a character set when the problem is that their
capslock key is stuck and mistyped their password.

IDNs should only displayed to users who userstand them.

The only way I see to do this is mapping them at the
application layer.

example: (assume ~i18n~ is any IDN name)

~i18n~.com <-mapping-> myi18n.com

Sender
--------