From: "vinton g. cerf" <vinton.g.cerf@wcom.com>
To: "Edmon Chung" <edmon@neteka.com>; "Ric Johnson"
<RicJohnsonIII@hotmail.com>; "Martin v. Löwis" <martin@v.loewis.de>
Cc: "IDN" <idn@ops.ietf.org>; "Martin Duerst" <duerst@w3.org>
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2003 1:04 PM
Subject: Re: [idn] IDN eamples for testing

It seems to me (just opinion) that one might reasonably leave these in
place until there is a clear path either to re-register using the new
IDN standards or, if it proves impossible to support any of them in
the new standard framework, to withdraw them on a reasonable time table.

vint

At 08:45 AM 3/24/2003 -0500, Edmon Chung wrote:
>This is actually an interesting question. Since we know that there are
>actually quite a bunch of clients out there that uses bq--RACE, do we think
>that those testbeds (such as in the case of JPRS) should keep bq--RACE in
>the zone (together with xn--punycode) for a while for transitional
purposes?
>Or must this be considered non-conformant to the standards?
>Edmon

Vint Cerf
SVP Architecture & Technology
WorldCom