[idn] Re: Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-josefsson-idn-test-vectors-00.txt

> You are right.  I thought I could convert simple strings by hand, but
> obviously I didn't select the proper UTF-8 encoding (in some cases).
> I believe you catched all errors.  Since those examples test whether
> the application uses a validating UTF-8 decoder, I will keep those
> examples modified to result in an UTF-8 decoding error.
> Non-validating UTF-8 decoders should produce the correct Unicode code
> point for those UTF-8 encodings though.

I suggest to correct the examples; those tests really test something
else. UTF-8 is not part of IDNA, and any self-respecting UTF-8 library
should have separate test cases, eg. the ones from RFC 2279.

(and yes, I probably found all such errors, as I literally copied the
test cases into my Python IDNA test suite).

Regards,
Martin