Re: [idn] Re: Fwd: I-DACTION:draft-josefsson-idn-test-vectors-00.txt

--On Friday, 28 March, 2003 21:55 +0100 Mark Davis <mark.davis@jtcsv.com> wrote:

I want to point out that nobody should be using non-validating
UTF-8 converters; not only are they not conformant to the
Unicode standard, they also represent a security risk.
Mark, I clearly agree with this, and with Paul's point that UTF-8 is not part of IDNA. But that, it seems to me, is an argument for Simon's tests containing those tests, rather than against it: if non-validating/ non-conforming UTF-8 converters are out there, then testbeds that catch them would seem to be in everyone's interest.

john