[idn] NUDGE: Moving the IDN RFCs from Proposed to Draft Standards

Just a quick reality check. I sent this message with the four follow-ons a week ago. We haven't heard anything on the list (or off the list, for that matter). Maybe our proposed changes are perfect and beyond comment...

Greetings again. Patrik, Adam, Marc and I have made editorial revisions to the RFCs in a new series of Internet drafts. The announcements for those drafts came out recently; the following four messages include a summary of the announcements plus the list from each Internet Draft about what changes it makes to the corresponding RFC. Note that none of the protocols were changed: all the document changes were for clarification based on comments we have received over the past six months, plus a few minor editorial changes. That is, an implementation of the old RFC should work the same under the new RFC.

Comments on the individual drafts are appreciated.

BTW, the second part of moving RFCs from Proposed to Draft Standard involves finding two or more independent interoperable implementations of the standard. We believe that we found many during the IDNConnect event (see <http://www.idnconnect.jdna.jp>) a few weeks ago, and we'll be making a full report on this soon.

--Paul Hoffman, Director --Internet Mail Consortium