[idn] Re:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Crispin" <mrc@CAC.Washington.EDU>
> multi-national Internet community.  However, the restrictions of ASCII
> email addresses have served as a "lingua franca" since everybody can enter
> ASCII email addresses, and there is an ongoing need for this as well.  The
> problem to be solved is the resolution of these two needs.

I dont think having multilingual email addresses would cause ASCII addresses
to stop working...
Afterall, English, or whatever langauges that ASCII is capable of
representing, is part of the "internationalized" space :-)

Why do you see a need to specifically "highlight" this?  Are you saying that
there is a "need" to allow the management/access of multilingual addresses
using ASCII?

Edmon