Re: OID Registration -- Rules versus BCP

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, David T. Perkins wrote:

> I thought this issue had already been resolved.

I don't think so.  So far three people have spoken up and two of them
disagree with you.

> That is, the rules for OID values specified in section 7.10
> apply only to the values used for object types.
>
> Note that when you read the SMI documents, that the term "object"
> is used in many places as a short cut for "object type".

It also uses the term "object" in ways that aren't short for "object
type", e.g. "object tree", and the fact still remains that it says "no
other OBJECT IDENTIFIERs", and not "no other objects" may be assigned.

--
Michael Kirkham
www.muonics.com