RE: section 3.2 of draft-ietf-ops-mib-review-guidelines-00.txt

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003, C. M. Heard wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Feb 2003, Wijnen, Bert (Bert) wrote:
> > Module A may want to define a new group of objects out of
> > MIB module B

I overlooked this in my earlier reply.  It is not legal
for module A to define a group of objects from module B.
Conformance groups MUST be defined in the same module as
the objects or notifications that they contain.  See
Sections 3.1 and 4.1 of RFC 2580.  So I think there are
really only three possibilities:

- a compliance statement in module B may cite a group
from module A in a MANDATORY-GROUPS clause;

- a compliance statement in module B may cite a group
from module A in a GROUP clause;

- a compliance statement in module B may state in its
DESCRIPTION clause that module A is a prerequisite
(and may optionally mention a specific compliance
statement from module A that is required).

//cmh