Re: Please review and comment: draft-ietf-ops-vlanid-tc-mib-00.txt

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 07:42:40AM -0700, Michael Kirkham wrote:

> Er, make that three things (the third also probably being a pointless
> nit): does having DISPLAY-HINTs of type "d" serve any purpose when you're
> not doing any decimal shifting or using a non-integer type?  Seems a bit
> redundant to me (but then maybe that's something suggested in the latest
> review guidelines; I've gotten a bit behind on keeping up with the
> latest.)

The motivation is that there is no definition in the SMI that the
default rendering is in fact "d" - so the idea is to be explicit.
(Not sure there are implementation where the default rendering is
 not "d" - but that is a different story. ;-)

/js

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder		    International University Bremen
<http://www.eecs.iu-bremen.de/>	    P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany