Re: [Fwd: Re: [RMONMIB] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rmonmib-raqmon-pdu-08.txt]

C. M. Heard wrote:
On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, C. M. Heard wrote:

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, Mark Ellison wrote:

Here's the suggested text (corrected):

   - For conceptual rows used exclusively for defining objects
   referenced by notification definitions:

       - At least one non-auxiliary object must be defined with
       a MAX-ACCESS of (at least) "accessible-for-notify"

I don't have an issue with including this text if the other MIB
Doctors agree.  I don't think it says anything different from what
is in RFC 2578, but when running some test cases I did notice that
an old version of SMICng complained about "accessible-for-notify"
objects in tables:

E: f(xx.mi2), (2089,1) Row "xxxEntry" may not object with status of
"accessible-for-notify" defined under it
E: f(xx.mi2), (2122,1) Item "xxxNearFarFlag" has invalid value for
max-access

So maybe adding some text to cover this point is worhtwhile.

MIB Doctor comments, please.

I haven't heard any MIB Doctors speak up in favor of making this
change.

Based on that, I think I have to assume that we do not have
consensus to put it into the next spin of the document.

Mike

Thanks just the same.

I will watch with interest as the raqmonDsMIB is scrutinized during MIB doctor/IESG review.

Mark