RE: [Fwd: Re: [RMONMIB] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rmonmib-raqmon-pdu-08.txt]

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Wijnen, Bert (Bert) wrote:
> > >    - For conceptual rows used exclusively for defining objects
> > >    referenced by notification definitions:
> > >
> > >        - At least one non-auxiliary object must be defined with
> > >        a MAX-ACCESS of (at least) "accessible-for-notify"
> personal opinion: I prefer to see the change.
> If we agree (and I do) that that is what 2578 says/intends anyway
> than better to make it explicit.

Hmm, RFC 2578 sec. 7.7 does allow for a row with all auxiliary
objects to be defined, provided that one of those objects has a
MAX-ACCESS value of read-only.  The above text says that this is
not legal if the accessible column is referenced exclusively by
notification definitions.  Sorry for not catching this before.

//cmh