RE: [Fwd: Re: [RMONMIB] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rmonmib-raqmon-pdu- 08.txt]

HI,

Andy's hitting the target in his message.

That is, SNMP is not designed as a signalling protocol.

However, it can be used in a reporting or signalling environment
as long as it is OK if a notification (even when using informs)
is not delivered due to suppression(throttling at any place
in the path), "network packet loss", or lack of resources
on the receiver. Also, it is not the most efficient approach,
compaired to customized protocols.

Regards,
/david t. perkins