From: IEEE 802.1 [mailto:hdk-0117.pgqfwd@ATT.NET]On Behalf Of Eelco Chaudron
Sent: 20 January, 2005 9:35 AM
To: STDS-802-1-L@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [802.1] [802.1AB]: Problem with the lldpXdot1RemProtoVlanEntry table inde x

Hi All,

When implementing the dot1 extension MIB I was running into a problem with
the lldpXdot1RemProtoVlanTable.
The table has the following indexes:
  - lldpRemTimeMark
  - lldpRemLocalPortNum
  - lldpRemIndex
  - lldpXdot1RemProtoVlanId

The problem lies within the last index, lldpXdot1RemProtoVlanId. This can
have a value of zero, and would be causing an infinite loop when doing SNMP
getnext operations.

To my understanding a SNMP index can never have a value of zero, as it
indicates to SNMP to get the first value.

How would we hande this? For example not returning entries in the
lldpXdot1RemProtoVlanTable wich have a vlanid of zero? Or report the zero
values as 4096?

Regards,

Eelco