From: owner-ietfmibs@ops.ietf.org [mailto:owner-ietfmibs@ops.ietf.org]On
Behalf Of C. M. Heard
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 18:16
To: Mibs Mailing List
Subject: Re: [newtrk] I-D
ACTION:draft-ietf-newtrk-decruft-experiment-00.txt

Internet-Drafts@ietf.org wrote:
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line
> Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the
> New IETF Standards Track Discussion Working Group of the IETF.
>
>       Title           : Getting rid of the cruft: an experiment to identify
>                         obsolete standards document
>       Author(s)       : E. Lear, H. Alvestrand
>       Filename        : draft-ietf-newtrk-decruft-experiment-00.txt
>       Pages           : 11
>       Date            : 2005-9-13
>
>    This memo documents an experiment to review and classify Proposed
>    Standards as not reflecting documented practice within the world
>    today.  The results identify three classes of documents marked as
>    Proposed Standards that should be considered for retirement in some
>    way or another.
>
> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-newtrk-decruft-experiment-00.txt

MIB folks --

FYI, among the documents that the above draft proposes to move to
HISTORIC are the following MIB documents:

      RFC1285 (FDDI Management Information Base)
      RFC1381 (SNMP MIB Extension for X.25 LAPB)
      RFC1382 (SNMP MIB Extension for the X.25 Packet Layer)
      RFC1414 (Identification MIB)
      RFC1461 (SNMP MIB extension for Multiprotocol Interconnect over
      X.25)
      RFC1471 (The Definitions of Managed Objects for the Link Control
      Protocol of the Point-to-Point Protocol)
      RFC1472 (The Definitions of Managed Objects for the Security
      Protocols of the Point-to-Point Protocol)
      RFC1473 (The Definitions of Managed Objects for the IP Network
      Control Protocol of the Point-to-Point Protocol)
      RFC1474 (The Definitions of Managed Objects for the Bridge Network
      Control Protocol of the Point-to-Point Protocol)
      RFC1512 (FDDI Management Information Base)
      RFC1513 (Token Ring Extensions to the Remote Network Monitoring
      MIB)
      RFC1525 (Definitions of Managed Objects for Source Routing
      Bridges)
      RFC1666 (Definitions of Managed Objects for SNA NAUs using SMIv2)
      RFC1696 (Modem Management Information Base (MIB) using SMIv2)
      RFC1742 (AppleTalk Management Information Base II)
      RFC1747 (Definitions of Managed Objects for SNA Data Link Control
      (SDLC) using SMIv2)
      RFC1749 (IEEE 802.5 Station Source Routing MIB using SMIv2)

If it is believed that such reclassification is inappropriate (e.g.,
because a MIB module is still in active use), please notify the
Newtrk WG and/or the draft authors.

//cmh