Suggestion for Sections in I-Ds(and RFC) containing MIb modules

HI,

In the "Guidelines for MIB Documents", it doesn't say exactly
what the sections should be in such documents. I'm reviewing
two documents from a collection of 3. Each of them specifiy
the sections differently. In particular, the sentence "The
key words ... [2119]." is specified in different places.
In the little bit of searching through documents telling
people ho to write I-Ds (and RFCs), there were no explicit
rules. (And such a reference was not even included in
some guideline documents.) Thus, I suggest that the
"Guidelines for MIB Documents", be a little more specific
about its suggestions for sections.

Maybe all of this is done "automagically" by the XML-to-RFC
tools.

I suggest that document have the following sections:

unnumbered "Status"
unnumbered "Copyright"
unnumbered "Abstract"
unnumbered "Conventions"
unnumbered "Table of Contents"
Numbered "Introduction"
Numbered "MIB boilerplate" (copied from
                      http://www.ops.ietf.org/mib-boilerplate.html)
Numbered "Overview of Modules"
Numbered "Relationship with Other MIB Modules"
Numbered "MIB Module definition(s)"
etc. (as specified in the "Guidelines for MIB documents")

Ideally, there would be a "template" (or "skeleton") I-D
for authors so they would not have to spend so much time
working on details to make MIB I-Ds consistent. (Consistency
is a VERY GOOD THING, since it helps to ensure that documents
are complete, and that documents are easy to read.)

Regards,
/david t. perkins