Re: initial issues

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 05:55:11PM -0500, Thomas Narten wrote:
> Hi Ben.
>
> > As an aside, I personally think a GSE-like approach is more realistic
> > given the views on multihoming I've seen expressed on various lists and
> > at the multi6 BoF.  Why all forms of GSE were rejected in favor of the
> > obviously untenable, unsolved current state is simply beyond me.
>
> Let me jump in here since this is another one of those potential hot
> buttons. Warning: I'm certainly one of those viewed as rejecting the
> approach and being an "obstructionist" with regards to continuing work
> on the topic (or so I am told). So my view should be considered
> biased.

Anyone who disagrees with a group is considered an obstructionist by that
group.  I certainly have a preference, but no religion.  If I come to see
that GSE-like approaches are indeed not up to the task at hand, I too will
argue against them.  What I would hate to see, however, is a refusal to
investigate similar proposals to GSE or even to other, rejected solutions
simply because they were shot down years ago.

I am keeping an open mind, and don't view any proposal as a hot button.

Ben