Re: policy support [was Re: load-balancing]

Randy;

> > I think it needs to be on the requirements list, which doesn't mean that
> > the initial solutions need to support it.
>
> the primary goals for this nascent wg for multi-homing in vN include
>   o reliability/redundancy
>   o load balancing (or sharing or whatever today's popular word is)

That may or may not be a primary or secondary goal of someone
wanting multihoming.

> if they are not, then the wannabe wg should move from the ops area to some
> place that wants to indulge in fantasy.

They are irrelevant.

The problem is the size of global routing table increased by
multihoming, regardless of whatever the requirements for
multihoming are.

The goal is to suppress the size of global routing table.

						Masataka Ohta