Re: charter

Eliot,

Eliot Lear wrote:

> Thomas,
>
> > > Therefore, I recommend a substitution, as follows:
> >
> > > The primary goal of this group is to recommend multihoming mechanisms
> that
> > > scale far beyond where we are today.  To meet that goal, this group may
> > > consider any advantages IPv6  has over IPv4 (e.g., larger address
> space),
> > > but is not precluded from making recommendations for IPv4.
> >
> > I did not make this change. The sense I get is that this WG is should
> > focus on IPv6.
>
> Can you please forward me a single message (other than yours) that objected
> to the merits of my proposal?  Also, while I respect your opinion, I really
> wish you would have shared it earlier, before revising the charter.

I agree with Thomas on this point.  As was stated, solutions that
apply to v4 as well as v6 are reasonable, but we should not spend the
WG time discussing v4 solutions.  If a solution proposed works for
v4, great, otherwise we could spend valuable time on v4 issues rather
than the task of finding a multihoming solution(s) for v6.

I see the work coming out of this group as being for v6.  However,
if v4 wants to borrow the solutions, that's fine.

My $0.02,
Brian