RE: Requirements for IP Multihoming Architectures

Title: RE: Requirements for IP Multihoming Architectures

Hi.

1. Whilst it is possible to do multihoming/multiattaching in a DFZ friendly way through a single provider, it would clearly be better if the solutions proposed addressed both cases in a similar way rather than having two totally separate solutions.  Also, load balancing even to a single provider is still difficult to achieve.

2. Redundancy is illusory without getting into the 'shared fate' considerations which are currently exercising the IPO working group.   If your multiple connections end up running in a single duct that gets back hoed all your hard work goes for nothing.

Regards,
Elwyn Davies