Re: Requirements for IP Multihoming Architectures

At 6:19 PM -0500 3/20/01, Margaret Wasserman wrote:

>However, I think that it should include more information regarding the
>scope of the problem that the WG should be trying to solve.  Do we
>want to handle all issues concerned with any site (or AS) having
>multiple points of connection to the IPv6 Internet?  Or only deal with
>mechanisms that ensure connectivity of multi-homed sites in the event
>of some type of failure?

Can I ask why you want to make the distinction for "in the event of a failure"?

I think the requirement is for multi-homing to multiple ASs as one
would do if one was using IPv4.

I would also like to see if there are any addressing (or renumbering)
requirements that fall out of multi-homing requirements.

Bora