Re: Requirements for IP Multihoming Architectures

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Masataka Ohta wrote:

> > > 2 byte AS numbers limit the number of ASes, which is a protection
> > > against too many ASes and is good.
> >
> > Protection against _whom_?  I see no reason many ASes are a bad thing.
>
> One AS means at least one prefix.
>
> If you don't think it a problem, go with v4 style multihoming.

Yes, one AS means at least one prefix...AS's are not what cause routing
table bloat, prefixes are.  Therefore, fewer prefixes would be more
efficient, but fewer AS's would be moot, since AS:prefix != 1

-Taz

--
        "Be liberal in what you accept,
      and conservative in what you send."