Re: Transport level multihoming

At 14:10 03/04/01, Greg Maxwell wrote:
>It is totally feasible to implement a self-multihomed-transport-protocol
>with the exactly the same level of API change as is required for IPv6
>support.

It would help the rest of us if there were an Internet-Draft
describing this that we could study.  You seem to have something
quite specific in your mind.  Would you mind putting
one together with your specific proposal ?

For my own part, some immediate questions that you might want
to clarify for the I-D would include:
        - What identifier takes the place of the IP address
          in this API?
        - How does one modify TCP and UDP to work with the new
          system ?
        - How does the new API handle UDP traffic to multicast
          destinations ?

Thanks,

Ran