Re: Requirements [was Re: Transport level multihoming]

> Legacy hosts (those not supporting a multihoming transport) will not
> achieve the benifit of multihoming. Which I think would be lend a
> considerable advantage to upgrading without being so important to require
> a significantly seperate method of achieveing globally visiable
> which degrades aggregation multihoming in IPv6.

The danger is that if the population of "legacy hosts" is large enough
(i.e. if most hosts don't support applications written to use the
transport-layer multihoming API), then there will still be large demand
for multhoming in the routing system. Remember, people getting connected
to the Internet don't particularly care if their actions degrade global
aggregation - they just want to "optimize" connectivity for their little
bit of the world. In your draft, you may want to think about how you make
transport-layer multihoming more attractive than current practice.

	--Vince