Re: scope of solution..

Bill,

At billions of prefixes, the routers will not be able to do the lookup in
a reasonable time anyway so your packets will get there sometime in the
next century.

How many unique prefixes do we expect to see in the Internet
with IPv6? I thought one of the reasons why IPv6 addresses were designed
the way they are was for ease of aggregation. If it turns out that IPv6
causes the amount of unique prefixes in the forwarding (not routing)
tables to blow up to multiple millions or billions then we are in trouble.

Bora