Re: Regionally aggregatable address space for multihoming

Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
> > The question in a nutshell, is: how does one deal with
> > "exception routing" in the event one cannot guarantee a
> > always fully-interconnected geographical area?
>
> The answer is that the geographical area MUST always be fully
> interconnected. This is easily accomplished by just increasing the area until
> it is.

This is my problem with this proposal, as it has been with every geo addressing
proposal over the last 5 years.

Because of this fact (you have to increase the area covered until it is
big enough to be flat-routable), I think that every geo area would
reproduce exactly the problem of entropy and default-route-table bloat
that we have in today's tiny little Internet. So I have little confidence
that this solution is scaleable to the 10 billion node Internet.

I think the only geo solutions that scale will be ones that involve
either encapsulation or goop-rewriting.

   Brian