Re: An idea: GxSE

> Well, I'm new here so I don't know to what extend all of this has been
> discussed before.

I'm not sure either...I imagine a variant has come up in the past and been
quickly stomped down...

> But if we're going to push this problem to the end systems, aren't there
> any easier and more compatible ways to do it?

The multiple addresses/renumbering approach currently used by IPv6 pushes
the problem to the end system.  Other approaches that get border routers to
coordinate and tunnel with each other push the problem to the middle.

GxSE is somewhere in the middle...it doesn't push the whole problem to the
host in the sense that the host doesn't need to be renumbered.  But it does
push much of the problem to the host.

PF