Re: An idea: GxSE

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Mohan Parthasarathy wrote:

> > Why not just use SCTP?  Why reinvent the wheel?
> >
> In SCTP, i think you have to know all the addresses at the beginning
> of the connection. Here, the new address is not known until
> renumbering happens.

Actually, here the address is known as a possibility all along, just isn't
used, from my understanding.  Furthermore, you learn all of those on the
ACK to the first packet.  SCTP uses a 4 way handshake and starts between 2
addresses, doing the about same thing...giving the other valid addresses,
and learning the other side's other valid addresses.  Also, with Add IP,
you can add an address while the association is up.  Basically, there's no
advantage in that case, as I understand it.
-Taz

--
        "Be liberal in what you accept,
      and conservative in what you send."