Re: An idea: GxSE

>>        sorry if i missed something, but why are we designing a new protocol
>>        in this working group?  it was chartered that it won't.
>        I don't see a new protocol being designed yet.  I
>do see that various approaches to handling IPv6 multihoming
>are being discussed.  Discussion is a fine thing.

	i agree discussion is a fine thing, but when we have a goal to settle,
	sometimes we need to limit ourselves to achieve that goal.  multi6
	charter clearly says that, i believe...

	you guys are now talking about, under "GxSE" discussion:
	- new site board router implementation that would rewrite topmost
	  bits in the packet
	- new host implementation that would recognize peer as a set of
	  addresses
	why are they not "new protocol design"?  if they are not the new
	protocol design, there's no such thing as "protocol design".

	there are a lot of IPv6 implementation already out of the door.
	we need to concentrate ourselves to *operational* solution that are
	deployable on implementation that are available today (= NO NEW CODE).
	of course, it is just my opinion.  thanks.

itojun
PS: i have not been too vocal (sorry about that), but i have submitted few
drafts, running experiment with others, and such.  i would like to
report again about RFC2260-ish multihoming with operational results.