Re: An idea: GxSE

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, Joe Abley wrote:

> This is just a tentatively-raised red-tinged warning flag: requirements
> involving IGPs may prove onerous to end-users.

Perhaps it will comfort you to know that the only time you actually NEED
something in the IGP, or need to use new ICMP messages is when you
actually ARE moving the rewrite into the network.  If you don't have the
expertise to run an IGP, you shouldn't be moving the rewrite to the edge,
you should just let the border routers do it.

Moving it towards the edge simply reduces the load of the border
routers.  Any enterprise that doesn't have capable network engineers
probably doesn't have any edge routers capable of anything more than
dropping every other packet, if you get my drift.

-Taz

--
        "Be liberal in what you accept,
      and conservative in what you send."