Re: requirements draft revision

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001, Joe Abley wrote:

>   A --- B --- C
>         |     |
>         D     E

> A, B, C, D are all enterprises. B, E are transit providers of C.
> A, D are transit providers of B. Both C and B are multi-homed.

I don't like the implied definition of multihomed. I think it should be
something along the lines of:

An enterprise or network is multihomed if it connects to two or more transit
providers and is not a transit provider itself.

Today there is no real distinction between just being multihomed and also
providing transit services, but in a new system the two may be very
different.

Connecting to just a few peers is doesn't qualify as being multihomed in my
book because the routing information doesn't reach the default free zone.

Iljitsch