Re: A tunneling proposal

> As for GxSE's behavior in the multi-level multihoming scenario,
> I think Paul is probably the best person to
> answer this, as I am not certain how the site border router knows to
> signal the upstream provider's router to attach the address-list extension
> header.

The signalling is done by the end host...the end host attaches an extension
that is basically a placeholder for the prefix-list that the site border
router fills in.

I hadn't considered the multi-level case.  My first thought is that the site
border router should be configured to know of the multiple upstream
prefixes, although this does open up the problem of having to reconfigure
all of the site border routers when the mom&pop ISP decides to
change/add/delete its upstream ISP...

PF