RE: Transport level multihoming

On Sat, 4 Aug 2001, Randy Bush wrote:

> > I was on the side of weak aggregation policy until I "saw the light".
>
> great!  send code.
>
> randy

Is that a challenge for me to implement my protocol on our stack and distribute
it as standard with the next operating system release without peer review :)
That's sure to make friends for me within the IETF and the rest of the
industry !!!

The doc I sent the reference to was enough for someone to flesh out the details
and make it work - I believe there is a BSD implementation out before I even
got a chance to try it myself. What I've presented is a concept paper. Once
people are comfortable with the concepts, I'll put together a technical paper
with specifics.  But my time is too precious to spend on something that isn't
going to be used.  I need a strong green light before I take it any further.

Peter

--
Peter R. Tattam                            peter@trumpet.com
Managing Director,    Trumpet Software International Pty Ltd